Zirconia is a ceramic used to fabricate dental restorations. East Norriton dentists and patients prefer Zirconia because it is the strongest, most long-lasting ceramic available in restorative dentistry. For years, Zirconia has been used to craft metal-free crowns and bridges in place of missing or damaged teeth. Zirconia’s translucent properties give it a natural appearance, and its bio-compatible composition significantly reduces risk of inflammation or allergic reaction. Nicknamed ‘ceramic steel’, it has even been used for the fabrication of artificial joints.
Why choose Zirconia all-ceramic crowns and bridges in East Norriton?
- Restorations made with other materials, such as metal, can result in oxidation and discoloration in the margins surrounding the gums.
- Zirconia has years of clinical success and has been used to restore teeth in millions of people around the world.
- Zirconia works well with both conventional cementation and adhesive bonding.
- Zirconia’s crystallized ceramic properties make it ideal for patients with discolored or misshapen teeth
- Zirconia requires minimal tooth preparation, preserving much of the natural tooth structure
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for East Norriton Zirconia dental restorations?
If you need a durable, esthetically-pleasing crown or bridge, you may be a candidate for Zirconia dental restorations. These all-ceramic crowns and bridges are typically used to replace both anterior and posterior teeth. Talk to your dentist about Zirconia all-ceramic crowns and whether they are right for you.
What should I expect when I get my Zirconia crown or bridge?
It will take two visits to place your Zirconia crown or bridge. The initial visit requires your dentist to gently prepare your tooth or teeth to support a crown or bridge. Impressions and images may be taken of your mouth and sent to a dental lab. The Zirconia crown or bridge will be fabricated to blend in with your other teeth, completely restoring function and aesthetics to your smile.
Will I need to follow any special instructions to care for my Zirconia restorations?
Zirconia restorations are very durable. You’ll need only to continue using good oral hygiene, brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing as well. You should not experience any pain after receiving your Zirconia restorations, although it is normal to experience some mild sensitivity to hot and cold in the days following the procedure.